[SAOVA_South] Senator Phil Berger Named North Carolina Legislative Leader 2010

Sportsmen's and Animal Owners' Voting Alliance (SAOVA) saova_south at mailman.montana.com
Fri Mar 18 11:05:52 MDT 2011

For Immediate Release

Contact: Susan Wolf   <mailto:saova at earthlink.net> saova at earthlink.net

Senator Phil Berger Named North Carolina Legislative Leader 2010

The Sportsmen's & Animal Owners' Voting Alliance, a nationwide nonpartisan
organization of animal owners and sportsmen, today named Senator Phil Berger
"Legislative Leader 2010."  Berger, a Republican representing Rockingham
County and part of Guilford County, serves as President Pro Tempore of the
Senate.

Susan Wolf, President of SAOVA, indicated that Berger's commitment to
continue working with animal owners and sportsmen to preserve property
rights and assure protection of our sporting heritage clearly distinguished
him among other nominees for this award.

Joe McClees of the NC Sporting Dog Association presented the award on
SAOVA's behalf. Senator Berger thanked SAOVA for recognizing him as a
Legislative Leader of 2010.  "I'm honored to receive this award, from a
great organization," Berger said. "We're committed to protecting private
property and giving sportsmen and animal owners the freedom they deserve."

SAOVA is a nonpartisan volunteer group working to protect U.S. citizens from
the legislative and political threats of radical animal rightists. SAOVA's
members hunt, fish and own livestock, dogs, cats and other pets. Visit our
website at http://saova.org to review this program's goals and methodology.